Since 1975 the Friends of the North Adams Public Library have helped establish a closer relationship between the library and the public by funding programs and materials not covered in the library budget. One of our best accomplishments has been raising the funds to complete the third floor of the Houghton Memorial Building, providing a meeting room space for public use, a kitchenette, staff room, literacy offices, and a Special Collection work room.
In 2018 the Friends approved over $9,500 in expenditures in support of the NAPL. These include:
- funding summer reading programs for adults
- funding a summer gardening program, Harry Potter Festival and Hogwarts Training Camp, Butterfly Program, Story Tellers and Ukulele workshop for the Youth Department
- purchasing a scanner, shredder, new furniture for staff, new furniture for re-configuring the reference department, and misc. new storage and shelving
- providing passes for Berkshire County museums and attractions available to all card holders and the Book Page newspaper for patrons’ enjoyment
- sponsored various speakers, workshops, concerts and author programs
Our main sources of income continue to be the annual membership drive and our annual book sale. Please support these if you can by either volunteering to help with the sale, donating baked goods or purchasing books for your home library. Also, if you make purchases from Amazon, its Amazon Smile program is particularly easy way to support the Friends.
The Friends gratefully accept memorial donations to honor loved ones.
If you would like to know more about the Friends please contact Bonnie Rennell at email@example.com or 413-664-6707.
Meeting dates for 2019 are:
- March 25
- April 29
- May 20
- June 24
- August 12
- September 30
- October 28
- November 25
- The December meeting serves as our Annual Meeting, date and time TBA.
To join the Friends of the NAPL use this link: MEMBERSHIP FORM
Bake Sale Committee Bake goodies for the Book Sale
Book Sale Committee Organize donated books and help with our annual book sale
Holiday Decoration Committee Decorate the library for holiday season.
The Friends are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to supporting the North Adams Public Library. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
If you have questions or would like more information, please email Bonnie Rennell at bbrennell @ gmail.com or call 664-6706. Thank you for your generous support!