Since 1975 the Friends of the North Adams Public Library have helped establish a closer relationship between the library and the public by funding programs and materials not covered in the library budget. One of our best accomplishments has been raising the funds to renovate the third floor which provided a meeting room space for public use, a conference room for small meetings, a kitchenette, staff room, literacy offices, and a Special Collection work room.
In 2020 the Friends approved over $10,000 in expenditures in support of the NAPL. These include:
- funding summer reading programs for youth, teens and adults
- funding a summer gardening program
- funding a Harry Potter Holiday, Jungle Gym, a Reptile Show, a Universe of Stories Magic Show, Family Yoga, a Gingerbread House decorating workshop and a Babysitting Course for the Youth Department
- purchasing a new headphones for use with library computers and a new AWE children’s’ computer,
- providing passes for Berkshire County museums and attractions available to all card holders and the Book Page newspaper for patrons’ enjoyment
- funding repair and restoration of antique furniture in the Heritage Room
Our main source of income continues to be the annual membership drive and our annual book sale. Please support these if you can by either volunteering to help with the sale, donating baked goods or purchasing books for your home library.
Also, if you make purchases from Amazon, its Amazon Smile program is a particularly easy way to support the Friends.
The Friends gratefully accept memorial donations to honor loved ones.
If you would like to know more about the Friends please contact Bonnie Rennell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-664-6707.
2020 Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held at 3:00 in the Third Floor Conference Room. All are welcome.
Meeting dates for 2020 are:
- March 30
- April 27
- May 18
- June 29
- August 31
- September 28
- October 26
- November 30.
- The December meeting serves as our Annual Meeting; date and time TBA
If you would like to join the Friends of the NAPL please use this form.
- Bake Sale Committee Bake goodies for the Book Sale
- Book Sale Committee Organize donated books and help with our annual book sale
- Holiday Decoration Committee Decorate the library for holiday season.
The Friends are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to supporting the North Adams Public Library. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
If you have questions or would like more information, please email Bonnie Rennell at email@example.com or call 664-6706. Thank you for your generous support!