In addition to the e-resources listed below, if you are a resident of MA (or meet certain other criteria) you can obtain an eCard and access online resources from Boston Public Library.
Find out if you are eligible, and register here.
Access resources here.
NEWLY ADDED STATEWIDE EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES DURING THE PANDEMIC: If you get asked for a password for any of these resources, use “open” (no quotes). The end date of access to these resources is unknown at this time.
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy: An interactive kindergarten-readiness program that introduces children ages three to six to key concepts in math, science, social studies, language and literacy, art, and music. It’s as challenging as it is fun!
- Gale In Context: High School: Supports student papers, projects, and presentations while empowering the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills with content aligned to national and state curriculum standards.
- Gale In Context: College: Interdisciplinary content that reinforces the development of skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
- Gale In Context: Canada: An engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on a broad range of Canadian topics, people, places, and events.
NORTH ADAMS LIBRARY RESOURCES
- A to Z World Food: With thousands of global recipes, hundreds of fascinating culture and ingredient articles, and essential culinary resources, AtoZ World Food brings international cuisines to you, from Albanian byrek to Zimbabwean matemba!
- Access Video on Demand: Exceptional content from around the world: from Oscar, Emmy, and Peabody Award-winning documentaries, to how-to programs that make life easier and richer, top-quality performances spanning the arts, biographies of history-makers past and present, and more.
- Acorn TV: World-class mysteries, dramas, and comedies from Britain and beyond.
- RB Digital Magazines, Movies, and More
- A to Z the USA: Information about our country’s people, history, economy, geography, symbols, culture, and society.
- A to Z the World: 175 countries, 121 topics for each country covering culture, history, language, and more.
- Gale Databases: Multiple databases with resources ranging from kids’ materials through scholarly sources; newspapers; biographies, much more.
- Computer Basics: Everything from how to use a mouse, to cyber security basics, to various software and online applications.
- Learning Express: Career and college admission prep, HS equivalency support, continuing ed.
- Science Flix (in-Library use): Emphasizing the latest STEM thinking and the Next Generation Science Standards, ScienceFlix® is transforming the way students access science topics, acquire scientific knowledge, and build an abiding interest in science, technology, and engineering.
- Science Flix (home use): See above.
- Transparent Language: Quickly and easily learn new languages using a wide variety of courses and activities.
- Universal Class: Over 500 online courses. Work at your own pace, earn CEUs and Certificates or just expand your knowledge.