In addition to the e-resources listed below, if you are a resident of MA (or meet certain other criteria) you can obtain an eCard and access online resources from Boston Public Library.
Find out if you are eligible, and register here.
Access resources here.
Infobase has generously made some of their resources available free through July 1. See all of them here, or look below at our library database list for the items with a star (*) in front of them. You should be able to access with a library card, but if they ask for a user name and password, use “napl” as the username, and “digital” as the password.
NEWLY ADDED STATEWIDE EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES DURING THE PANDEMIC: If you get asked for a password for any of these resources, use “open” (no quotes). The end date of access to these resources is unknown at this time.
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy: An interactive kindergarten-readiness program that introduces children ages three to six to key concepts in math, science, social studies, language and literacy, art, and music. It’s as challenging as it is fun!
- Gale In Context: High School: Supports student papers, projects, and presentations while empowering the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills with content aligned to national and state curriculum standards.
- Gale In Context: College: Interdisciplinary content that reinforces the development of skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
- Gale In Context: Canada: An engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on a broad range of Canadian topics, people, places, and events.
NORTH ADAMS LIBRARY RESOURCES
- Libby by Overdrive: Borrow and read ebooks and audiobooks from your local public library for free!
- C/W MARS: Access your local C/W Mars. Anytime, anywhere via their C/W MARS mobile app.
- A to Z World Food: With thousands of global recipes, hundreds of fascinating culture and ingredient articles, and essential culinary resources, AtoZ World Food brings international cuisines to you, from Albanian byrek to Zimbabwean matemba!
- Access Video on Demand: Exceptional content from around the world: from Oscar, Emmy, and Peabody Award-winning documentaries, to how-to programs that make life easier and richer, top-quality performances spanning the arts, biographies of history-makers past and present, and more.
- Access Video Just for Kids: A thoroughly kid-safe, advertisement-free media platform they can freely explore and enjoy. Just for Kids has the educational videos children want to watch—Sesame Street, The Electric Company, The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss, The Berenstain Bears, Franklin, and thousands more—plus songs, games, and other interactives that are sure to entertain, educate, and inspire young patrons.
- Acorn TV: World-class mysteries, dramas, and comedies from Britain and beyond.
- RB Digital Magazines, Movies, and More
- A to Z the USA: Information about our country’s people, history, economy, geography, symbols, culture, and society.
- A to Z the World: 175 countries, 121 topics for each country covering culture, history, language, and more.
- Gale Databases: Multiple databases with resources ranging from kids’ materials through scholarly sources; newspapers; biographies, much more.
- Computer Basics: Everything from how to use a mouse, to cyber security basics, to various software and online applications.
- *Health Reference Center: an essential resource that serves both the reference and practical needs, including comprehensive, in-depth coverage of body systems, current health issues, major diseases and conditions, treatments, and procedures, as well as health and nutrition information specific to men, women, children, teens, and seniors.
- Learning Express: Career and college admission prep, HS equivalency support, continuing ed.
- Science Flix (in-Library use): Emphasizing the latest STEM thinking and the Next Generation Science Standards, ScienceFlix® is transforming the way students access science topics, acquire scientific knowledge, and build an abiding interest in science, technology, and engineering.
- Science Flix (home use): See above.
- *Science Online: Comprehensive overview of a broad range of scientific disciplines, with a wealth of content and a dynamic design that facilitates STEM research and learning. Topic Centers feature specially selected content on core science disciplines to help students find a starting point for their research.
- *Today’s Science: Bridges the gap between the science taught in class and real-world discoveries—giving in-depth explanations of important advances in biology, chemistry, environmental science, space, physics, and technology. An extensive backfile dating back to 1992 illustrates how one scientific advance leads to another. This essential STEM resource shows how the scientific method can be applied to everyday life, helping students think like scientists—applied science in a nutshell.
- Transparent Language: Quickly and easily learn new languages using a wide variety of courses and activities.
- Universal Class: Over 500 online courses. Work at your own pace, earn CEUs and Certificates or just expand your knowledge.
- *World Almanac for Kids: the ideal one-stop reference resource for intermediate-level students. Convenient new search filters make it even easier for students and teachers to find the content they need most. Provides resources for homework, reports, and projects, and kids can explore age-appropriate subjects while developing online research skills with a trusted content source.
- *World Almanac for Kids – Elementary
- *World News Digest: A go-to resource for context and background on key issues and events in the news, presenting more than eight decades of authoritative news summaries and background articles. Also an editorial newsfeed featuring current newspaper editorials, many from international sources, via NewsEdge.
- *Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center – a comprehensive resource for career exploration and planning that allows users to quickly find the valuable career information they need, whether it’s industry and professions articles, school planning resources, or skills and career advice. Working in partnership with Indeed.com, we have Live Links to Outside Jobs and Internships.